Custom WordPress Website Design
I design and develop custom WordPress themes from scratch*. The design process includes your input at every step, starting from your ideas and concepts all the way to the final site. The end result is a unique, fast loading, thoroughly tested, mobile friendly website that is easy to manage from the WordPress admin.
Custom Web Design Process
Before we begin:
- Content Development – Bring your already complete content or work with a copywriter/photographer to develop your content.
- Free Website Design Estimate – We'll meet in person or talk on the phone to discuss your project requirements. I'll provide you with a free estimate based on your goals, as well as a copy of my contract and an outline of your project requirements. Before we begin, you'll be required to pay a percentage of the estimate as a deposit.
- Wireframe – Laying out your content to determine placement and priority.
An example wireframe for BCFoodSecurityGateway.ca
- Design – Multiple design concepts offered based on your preferences and branding
- Development – HTML5, CSS, JS, and PHP development of your design into a custom, mobile friendly WordPress theme.
- Testing – Tested in the most popular browsers and mobile devices (older browser support available on request), Validating for HTML5 and CSS W3C compliance.
- Adding content – Adding your content, photos, video, etc
- Search Engine Optimization – HTML title and description tags for your pages
- Feedback and final revisions - You'll have an opportunity to review the site and make additional changes before we launch.
- WordPress Security Checklist - Adding additional security to keep your site safe from hackers, bots, and spammers.
- Launch – Includes site submission to Google and Bing, Google Analytics (site stats)
- WordPress Training Available – In person or web conference tutorials on your site, and/or written documentation
*When I say “from scratch” I mean, not using free/premium themes that have been built by other designers. I do however use code frameworks such as Bootstrap and other tools that help speed up the development process.