Front-End Developer with WordPress Experience (contract position)
Createscape Design Studio is a small web design and development company based in Victoria. Currently owned and operated by a solo freelancer/developer, it serves a client base of around 50-60 small businesses and non-profits, providing website maintenance, design, development, and problem solving.
I’m looking to hire a part-time, front-end developer to help with website maintenance for WordPress websites, new site development (using themes and also custom development), and customer support.
- Have at least 15-20 hours per week available
- Live in Victoria, Canada
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Have experience building websites with WordPress.
- Have front-end web development coding skills:
- Responsive Design
- PSD to HTML
- LAMP stack
- PHP experience
- Have a portfolio of work
- Have at least 1 year experience working in front-end web development
- Are looking to gain experience in managing and building websites
More about the position:
- Part Time/Temporary – I’m saying part time/temporary but it has the potential to be more than that. I expect the next 3 months to be very busy.
- Flexible work hours
- Hourly rate negotiable, based on experience.
- Would offer higher hourly rate for responding to occasional high priority/ASAP client requests (overtime not required).
- Work from home (Willing to consider renting a co-working desk for you if your home environment is not conductive to productive work).
- Createscape Design Studio clients are great to work with and are typically polite and organized, but they expect high quality work.
- Willing to provide training / coaching in managing client websites.
- This is a contract position without traditional benefits. You would be expected to have your own computer and software.
Tools/Services I use:
- Reliable hosting, managed WordPress hosting
- LastPass Teams
- Sync.com (It’s like dropbox, but Canadian and more secure)
- Twitter Bootstrap 3 and 4
Please apply with resume and portfolio using the form below: